Privacy and Cookies policy
- This is the privacy and cookies policy of EVENTPAGE, whose registered address is Leibnizstrasse 32, 13407 Berlin, Germany and its subsidiary companies (“ICWE GmbH”), who controls this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is ICWE GmbH.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by ICWE GmbH might include your (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the DPA”), the german Bundesdatenschutzgesetz („BDSG“) and related legislation.
- ICWE GmbH (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to ICWE GmbH to register to one of its confrerences, subscribe to receive email alerts or to instigate any other other contact to ICWE GmbH;
- during any other transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to ICWE GmbH when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
3. Storage and retention of your information
- ICWE GmbH will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that ICWE GmbH uses and the security policies which ICWE GmbH has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
- ICWE GmbH may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA/ BDSG) for the following purposes:
- administering your participation account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding ICWE GmbH' or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the ICWE GmbH website(s) and other services and developing ICWE GmbH' marketing plans.
- ICWE GmbH may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA/ BDSG) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for ICWE GmbH to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by ICWE GmbH to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by ICWE GmbH as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the ICWE GmbH website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure ICWE GmbH' compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ICWE GmbH and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring ICWE GmbH to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an ICWE GmbH website; and
- to any individual making a subject information request to ICWE GmbH.
- In the event that ICWE GmbH (or a relevant part of ICWE GmbH) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant ICWE GmbH business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom ICWE GmbH is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on ICWE GmbH by the third party.
- When you visit an ICWE GmbH website(s), ICWE GmbH may use “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies ICWE GmbH use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to an ICWE GmbH website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to an ICWE GmbH website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors;
- Some of the cookies used by ICWE GmbHwebsites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an ICWE GmbH website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
- Our cookies
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
Third party cookies
- Google Analytics_utma_utmb_utmc_utmt_utmz
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
6. Third Party Websites
- Please be aware that ICWE GmbH does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- To access certain parts of the ICWE GmbH websites, ICWE GmbH may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.